- Ladies’ Auxiliary and the Cinderella Candidates’ Major Investments is the largest Boys & Girls Clubs organization in Texas, Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County (BGCGTC) serves more than 31,000 Tarrant County youth annually in school-based and free-standing locations. Boys & Girls Clubs offer a service that is unmatched in quality and affordability in our community. Every day, thousands of kids call the Club “home” after school. Without Boys & Girls Clubs, these kids don’t have access to academic assistance, positive mentorship, sports and other experiences that reinforce positive youth development.
BGCGTC is changing the odds for kids through:
● After School Programs: Innovative science, technology, engineering, art, and math programming that offer an enriching curriculum for kids who need it the most. Clubs provide world-class education, leadership and healthy lifestyle programs to our county’s most vulnerable young people, helping them build bright futures and helping low-income families afford enriching after-school and summer activities.
● Pre-College Programs: Upward Bound and Educational Talent Search programs focus on graduation and college enrollment, providing services to low-income and potential first-generation college students.
● Intervention Programs: Comin’ Up Gang Intervention program provides career, education and life guidance for youth involved in gangs. Open late at night in hard-to-reach communities, this program offers real solutions to difficult situations.
● Prevention Programs: Too Good for Drugs, Positive Action and Straight Talk prevention programs are offered to school-aged youth in a variety of settings.Youth armed with resilience skills are equipped to avoid problems later. Carefully organized to reach communities that are plagued with alcohol and drug challenges, these services are needed to break destructive cycles.
Ladies’ Auxiliary and the Cinderella Candidates’ Major Investments in the Club include:
● Vehicles, scholarships, and programming
● The completion of the Southeast Branch building in 1981
● The addition of the Southeast basketball gym in 1996
● Building the Kromer Branch in 1998
● Building the North Branch located at Peach Elementary in 2016
● Renovating the Kromer Branch in 2018
● Three large buses, programming supplies, East Branch’s teen space renovation, security and safety renovations in 2019
● In 2020/2021 the candidates fundraising helped to build a basic needs program at the East Branch and renovating the kitchen at the Kromer Branch. providing case-managed services to youth that reside at Carol’s Clubhouse.
● 2022 Arlington Life Shelter-providing case-managed services to youth that reside at Carol’s Clubhouse. Music Clubhouse at our Kromer Branch. Providing a full-time Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) dedicated solely to the Arlington Clubs to provide individual counseling and small group activities. Mobile Clubhouse RV & Truck Dedicated to Arlington. Feeding the Future – In House Meal Prep to ensure that low-income children continue to receive nutritious meals when school is not in session.
The funds from the Cinderella Ball go directly to support the programs and services offered by the Boys & Girls Clubs in Arlington. The dollars raised also support the transportation program, equipment and capital improvements. With the help of the Cinderella candidates and other generous businesses and individuals, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Tarrant County has provided a safe place for young people in Arlington for more than sixty-two years. Every dollar raised has an impact in the lives of the kids that we serve.